New York Man 'Grows' Six Inches Through Surgery
Gimli
2012-02-24 23:50:58 UTC
http://news.yahoo.com/york-man-grows-six-inches-surgery-184123767--abc-news.html

"At five foot, six inches, Apotheosis was shorter than the average American
male and very unhappy about it.
So he did something other men who feel short might consider unthinkable: he
opted for costly, painful surgeries to make himself "grow" a total of six
inches.

"I realized that the world looked at me a certain way that I didn't look at
myself in that certain way," said the 37-year-old New Yorker, who goes by
the pseudonym "Apotheosis" in online forums and asked that "20/20" not use
his real name. "I wanted the way I felt about myself and the way the world
felt about me to be similar."

Apotheosis is one of a "growing" number of men pursuing limb-lengthening
procedures for cosmetic reasons..."

Some men have to go through this because of the heightism they face in life,
at work and with women. Most women simply say that "they won't be together
with men shorter than 6 feet". And the successful men at work usually are
tall men.

Men and women make fun of short people, we're called "dwarves".

So I understand such people, if I had the money, I'd also go throught this.
I think success in life, at work and success in love depends on a man's
height. If you're a heterosexual, short man, you will never get a satisfying
sex-live because of the women's heightism.

Gimli
ForeverRent
2012-02-25 00:00:06 UTC
[...]
The real question is: why do think that?

What do the others think?

(Don't you know how to post from a non-aioe.org reader? That would
help with the trolling...)